Monday 21 February 2011

Things to do in Akaroa

There was a small market in town and Brian and Janet were on the lookout for a bargain















Heather had her portrait painted while










Brian and I were busy elsewhere but I cannot remember what he'd said that he shouldn't have.









We then had a seat a little further away from the bar for a while.










Here's the view.










But then the girls encouraged us to have a few more drinks ...










and Brian fell in love with a tree.




In fact, Heather and I went swimming with the dolphins with Black Cat Cruises. Unfortunately the Dolphins refused to swim with us. I found swimming in a wet suit very tiring. My legs insisted in trying to leave the water altogether resulting in my face being dunked several times. I'd swallowed a pint of sea water and three small fish before I got the hang of it.

Black Cat refunded some of our money because of the lack of Dolphins. The other boat had more luck and so many Dolphins came to play that the humans grew tired of it. On this occasion, the dolphins got their money back.

Anne, Janet and Brian, meanwhile, were sailing around looking for seals and learning how to pull up sails and to steer a sailing boat. Brian was quite piratical and wouldn't let anyone else take the wheel. I remember he was the same when we took a barge up the Thames once. He even got a pointy stick and had us walking the plank!

No comments:

Post a Comment